Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Life has a programmer (journal entries)

After my Engg in Computer science from RIT, things changed and begin to scramble, life for the first time became topic of interest. The coolness and carefree life in the college all of a sudden became serious and distracting.
          The only thing which was popping in my head was what next? (this is common syndrome in most of the students in final year). I too was suffering the same.
     Well am fortunate that few things are already planned(though most of the part is screwed) so finally I got into a company were I  am fortunate enough to learn. With no work. With salary quite more then my pocket money I used to get while in college. :-) :-) 
      During initial days I thought myself php fairly by my colleague who is expert in php but I stopped after I found that it's not that powerful and it's vast. But before leaving I made my self confident that I can manage any projects on php. 
   Well while in college java was every ones favorite programming language and mine too I dreamt of learning and mastering it. But as said time is wat decides were and what one becomes.  I unfortunately end up in learning c# r say visual c#. 
     I don't know much r say not even pebble of it.  But while in office I found out that It's a powerful language and what best is with a tool like visual studio we can build any thing by using inbuilt  framework.  Few saw that library is so wast that almost any code is available for any project you plan or might plan and no need to develop from scratch that's really augumistic and me being a noob thought might I have a future in that.  More over I found out that there's lot of hiring going on in c#.  Me being desperate of job may find a place to work.
Well I thought I had a trainer in this but one colleague of mine though he is expert he is not a good trainer.  So I thought to train my self from scratch instead of rushing like most of things in my life.  I will start this from basic.  In order to keep track of mine experience or say to know where am heading to I will post day to day as a programmer r say learner.  Let's see where this goes... 
      This week I started. 

Day 1: it was all about analyzing the depth and far reach i am going to approach. I tried asking my colleague what should i do, teach me something. in summary whole day just messing up in knowing what i am planning and what i need to achieve.

Day 2: whole day was spent on knowing what  is the difference between visual basic and visual c#. I thought all was same and later found out that they r both different programming languages. basic is older one while c# is updated one. though both r powerful and does the same c# is quite preferable cause the syntax is simple and straight forward. so i will move on with c#.

Day 3: in order to learn myself i have to study myself and in order to do so i thought of downloading a eBook. that teaches from basic and get started in no time. so i started searching with crazy search strings for ex "beginners c#" "c# for dummies" "learn c# in 30 days" quite for every search i came up with lot of unheard eBooks. i got confused. so i gave up search and started consulting few friends who are already in it. all suggested few books. still confused i started searching forums where the legend programmers responds i posted few questions and i found few on simple search. i started noting the book names, out of which i found a book which was suggested by most of them it was from wrox publications with title "professional_asp.net_4.5_in_c#_and_vb".  I downloaded pdf and even i converted to kindle format for my note. i made sure that i will start over from tomorrow.

Day 4:  whole day i read from introduction part. Now i can realise how efficient visual c# is, how powerful is the tool and what all the possibilities lies ahead and the scope of it. well i guess now i understand what am i dealing with. A quote is reclaiming in my head when writing this "Never underestimate your enemy unless you know them". its cent percent true. well i am not underestimating my enemy(c#) and with hope i can say i will tame it one day for sure.

My work station


Day 5: Guess what?? its 22nd august and its my birthday. well whole day just was indulged with friend phone calls FB  whatsapp wechat gtalk mail. No mood only, just ruined time and just enjoyed whole day. after all whats birthday is for, cos its my day and i am making  all out of it. lets say C# ke liye ek din ka chutti.

downlaoder is nick name of mine



day6: After a exiting weekend back to office. today i am working with CSS and  few basics on how to work in visual studio. such as how to create tables, set style of a sheet etc.,

day7: today i felt that am bit lacking in concept of c# and thought focusing on it. instead of reading Ebook which is very boring and my eyes were burning yesterday, so thought of downloading some video tutorials which gives the basic idea. i knew lynda tutorial is best when it comes to video tutorial, so i found a video tutorial named  "c# Essential Training with JOE MARINI" has lynda is not a open source need to subscribe for the course, i googled for other sources and found a site sharing it for free [link]. Guess its a worth video tutorial and has helped in understanding basics.






No comments:

Post a Comment